Ministry to Adults
Adult Christian formation at St. John’s takes place in a variety of forms from presentations at our Sunday forums to weekly book studies. We invite you to jump in!
Adult Sunday School - September-May
Sundays 9:30 - 10:15 AM
“Can You Believe That?” presented by Chris Roussell will explore the history and meaning behind
the Nicene Creed. Some of the things we will learn together are:
• When and why was this Profession of Faith developed?
• What does “light from light, true God from true God” mean?
• How is Mary’s virginity a fulfillment of Old Testament prophecies?
• Why did the phrase “proceeds from the Father and the Son” split the Church?
• What is “the resurrection from the dead”?
This course is designed so that anyone can join at any point and learn something valuable.
Women’s Book Study
10:00 AM Thursdays: Library
Women invited to meet weekly to engage together in discussion about a book focused on a theological theme. The group chooses books by consensus. Join this group to be fed in your mind, body and spirit!
Wednesday Noon Day Prayer and Eucharist
Wednesdays at 12:10 pm; St. John’s Chapel, an abbreviated Eucharist service for midweek inspiration and sustenance.
George Bean Men's Discussion Group
7:50 AM: Hume Room, Westminster Canterbury
The George Bean Men’s Discussion Group reads and discusses books suggested by members of the group. All are welcome.